Your Guide to a Beautiful Easter in Farmville
Easter in the heart of Virginia is one of the most beautiful times of year – a special holiday surrounded by years of family traditions and the springtime promise of new life. As the trees begin to unfurl delicate green leaves and daffodils push bright yellow blooms towards the sky, the community is buzzing with things to do, see and eat. Below you’ll find a complete list of all that Easter in our lovely town has to offer.
Dressing in your Sunday best, grabbing the family and heading to church on Easter morning is a beloved tradition for many. Local churches offer a wide variety of Easter Sunday services to suit every style and time frame.
- New Life Farmville’s Easter Celebration will feature a “creative” service including worship, fellowship, egg hunts and even a petting farm for the little ones. For more information, you can visit here.
- Farmville United Methodist will be holding not one but three Easter services throughout the day at 7, 9 and 11 AM. They will also be offering a free family breakfast open to the community at 7:30 AM and an Easter Egg hunt at 8 AM. For more information, click here.
- Farmville Baptist will be holding their Easter Sunday services at 11 AM. They will also be having a Service of Shadows on Wednesday, April 12th at 6 PM in the Fellowship Hall as well as an Ecumenical Good Friday service at noon on April 14th followed by a light lunch. Find out more here.
- Farmville Presbyterian Church will have an Easter Breakfast, starting at 9 AM on April 16th. They will also be hosting a series of Holy Week lunches with devotions, Monday through Wednesday, April 10-12 and Maundy Thursday Communion-Tenebrae (Shadows) Service on April 13th at 7 p.m. You can find out more information here.
What would Easter be without the cherished scramble for eggs filled with delicious surprises? From cookouts to pictures with the Easter Bunny, the Farmville community has something for everyone at Easter time.
- The Farmville Junior Women’s Club and Bojangles’ of Farmville are offering an Easter Jamboree at 8 AM on Saturday, April 8th at Bojangles’. An Easter Egg hunt with prizes will be available as well as pictures with the Easter Bunny. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Farmville Area Kiwanis Club’s Grove Street Park Revitalization Project. For more details, visit here.
- The Farmville Rec Department will be holding a massive 10,000 egg Easter Hunt on Saturday, April 8th at the Firemen’s Sports Arena. Prizes, candy and pictures with the Easter Bunny will be available at this free event. For more information contact the Farmville Recreation Department at 434-392-3737 or firstname.lastname@example.org or check here.
- The 1752 Estate is hosting an Easter Egg hunt on their gorgeous grounds on Saturday, April 15th. Tickets include face painting, egg hunt, cotton candy and professional digital photos with the Easter Bunny. For more information or to get tickets, go here.
- The Barn at Timber Creek invites the community to join them for an Easter event at their spacious property. Starting at 11 AM on Saturday, April 15th, hot dogs will be available to guests and their families following the Easter Egg hunt. More information on this event can be found here.
With all the family gathering, the hubbub of getting everyone out the door to church and the chaos of putting together Easter Baskets for the children, chances are preparing a delicious Easter feast may not be an option. Fortunately, Farmville’s restaurants offer delectable Easter Brunch selections perfect for you, your friends and all the family.
- The Babcock House will be offering a special Easter Brunch menu including succulent roast beef, creamy scalloped potatoes and more. For more information or to make reservations, go here.
- Farmville favorite The Fishin’ Pig will be offering an incredible Easter Brunch spread including smoked ham, fried catfish, chicken and maple sausage, beef brisket and much more. To find out more, you can visit their website here.
- Charley’s brunch is a tried and true Farmville tradition and the perfect way to round out your Easter Sunday festivities. Their signature omelette and waffle bars, as well as mouth watering lunch entrees are sure to have something for every taste bud. For more information and menu details, check here.
Whether you’re holding a brilliantly colored basket and searching for eggs, or dressing to the nines and taking your family to church, there’s no doubt that Easter in Farmville is a special time perfect for making lifelong memories.